Crooked Crown is a gift boutique, bringing specialty curated items to Kamloops (and the dot com). We love supporting other Canadian brands, and also love female led, founded, and owned, businesses. Our core values include connection, community, and inclusivity, and is a lens we apply when we consider all aspects of our business.
Crooked Crown is hiring for a seasonal staff member, with the possibility of a permanent role.
The successful applicant will work 15-30 hours per week, and must be available to work on weekends.
- Provide outstanding service
- High level of product knowledge
- Assists with inventory, including: receiving and stocking merchandise, creating purchase orders, adding inventory into computer system
- Open and close the store
- Communicate and collaborate with team members
- Fill online orders
- Light cleaning
- Use guest profiles.
- Processes payments by cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- AMAZING customer service skills
- Self-starter. Not afraid to take iniative
- Strategic thinking skills
- Eye for detail
- Basic computer knowledge
- Strong organization skils
- Personal Responsibility
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs
- Team player
- Computer skills (experience with Lightspeed and/or Shopify is an asset)
- Social media savvy (experience with Reels, Later, Canva, and Klaviyo is an asset)
- Sense of humour <--- we like to have fun!
- Must be comfortable working alone, following Worksafe guidelines
Must meet the participant requirements under the Canada Summer Jobs Agreement with Employment and Social Development Canada as outlined:
• Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• Is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and;
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Other Need to Knows
• Working hours fall between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm, with the occasional paid staff meeting that ALWAYS includes food.
• Starting wage is above minimum wage, and will be determined on the experience and skill of the successful applicant.
• Employee will be eligible for a generous staff discount and bonus program.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
To apply, please email your resume to info@crookedcrown by April 29, 2022
***Please include your weekly availability and vacation requests on your application***